Using IRT Pulse as Interface (Problem)

For discussion of all current Laney amplifiers
pedalo
MortalMortal

Using IRT Pulse as Interface (Problem)

Postby pedalo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Just bought an IRT Pulse a few days ago and have been enjoying using it through my amp, where it works fine. When I hook it up to my PC (running Reaper), however, none of the controls on the interface seem to do anything (so no extra gain, volume, EQ, etc). It makes me question if it's even working or just outputting the signal from the pedals before it? I have drive pedals before it, so don't strictly need the gain from the Pulse while it's in interface mode but was just wondering if this was normal, and if the pedals are actually driving the Pulse's valves, or if the USB signal was somehow bypassing the Pulse's gain stages? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

pedalo
MortalMortal

Re: Using IRT Pulse as Interface (Problem)

Postby pedalo » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:56 am

OK, I realised my mistake last night - I had the Pulse set to Channel 1 (dry signal) rather than Channel 2 in Reaper - this made the controls on the Pulse go dead. I didn't realise it was in dry mode as I had pedals running before it, so was still getting lots of distortion. Setting the Pulse input to Channel 2 in Reaper solved the problem and it's now working perfectly :)

User avatartdiers
AphroditeAphrodite

Postby tdiers » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:37 am

I haven't actually set it up and used it with Reaper, other than just an initial connection. I haven't recorded anything with it. I bought Reaper and downloaded many of their instruction videos and have connected it. I know I had to install the latest version of ASIO4ALL for it to recognize at a USB input device. I know the IRT-Pulse and Studio output two signals via the USB interface (Wet & Dry). It could be you are only seeing the Dry (no effects) signal and need to configure the Wet (with effects) signal.
Laney IRT30-112, IRT-Pulse, Mini ST
G&L Tribute Superhawk, Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
Digitech-The Drop; Morley-Tremonti Wah; LPD-68 Deluxe/Kokopelli/ModernClassic; Keeley-Dark Side; BBE-Sonic Maximizer/TwoTimer/MindBender; MXR-Phase 90

pedalo
MortalMortal

Postby pedalo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:53 am

tdiers wrote:I haven't actually set it up and used it with Reaper, other than just an initial connection. I haven't recorded anything with it. I bought Reaper and downloaded many of their instruction videos and have connected it. I know I had to install the latest version of ASIO4ALL for it to recognize at a USB input device. I know the IRT-Pulse and Studio output two signals via the USB interface (Wet & Dry). It could be you are only seeing the Dry (no effects) signal and need to configure the Wet (with effects) signal.

That was exactly it, thank you! I'd figured it out yesterday and replied, but it takes a while for my posts to be approved as I'm a new user

User avatartdiers
AphroditeAphrodite

Postby tdiers » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:18 am

Awesome! Glad you got it figured out, congrats! :D
Laney IRT30-112, IRT-Pulse, Mini ST
G&L Tribute Superhawk, Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
Digitech-The Drop; Morley-Tremonti Wah; LPD-68 Deluxe/Kokopelli/ModernClassic; Keeley-Dark Side; BBE-Sonic Maximizer/TwoTimer/MindBender; MXR-Phase 90

Return to Current Laney Products