What is your favorite overdrive pedal?

For all other discussions
Polsky
ZeusZeus

What is your favorite overdrive pedal?

Postby Polsky » Sun May 13, 2018 11:44 pm

I got a few overdrive I like. First is Seymour Duncan 805 overdrive. Second Boss OD3 , third Ibanez TS808. What is yours?
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

User avatarBowerR64
MortalMortal

Re: What is your favorite overdrive pedal?

Postby BowerR64 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 am

I have a Joyo ultimate drive but i read its a clone of the OCD, then i have a Joyo hot plexi those are my 2 favorites right now. I have a few others including the TubeScreamer but they are more just base pedals.

Everyine knows what a TubeScreamer sounds like so to base the ones i like off of it. The Ultimate drive has TONS of output and has a nice fat sound its a very marshall modern overdrive sort of tone but alot more ballsy then just about any Marshall. The Hot plexi has a similar gain sound but no where near the output of the ultimate drive. YOu want to really push the front end of an amp the ultimate drive will do a great job and its a nice budget friendly pedal

Matzke
MortalMortal

Postby Matzke » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:52 pm

I really like the Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer overdrive pedal. I've been using it for ages now and it never let me down.

Polsky
ZeusZeus

Postby Polsky » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:41 pm

TS-9 is a must in any pedal board. But new generation of overdrives opens new tone possibilities . Airis Savage Drive and Fortin Grind I'm talking about. They move overdrives in new dimension .
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

Howzee
MortalMortal

Postby Howzee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I really like the joyo ultimate drive too. Yeah Fulltone OCD clone. Turn the gain right down and the volume up and use it as a clean boost, crank the gain for some serious saturation. I have a mooer black secret, that iis a proco rat clone that has some really great distortion through my Cub 12

alvisx
MortalMortal

Postby alvisx » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:22 pm

I prefer to get my actual overdrive from the amp
Ive been using a DOD 250 (you're either a 250 guy or a TS guy in the old days ) since I bought my 1st , Summer of 81 with my HS grad money ...Guitard Center $19.95
I used 'em for a long time as a booster , but nowdays they have better boosts

As modern overdrives go, Ive been using the Pro Analog Manticore and /or the Super Apricot Overdrive. They both react and clean up very well with the guitar's volume control. Either of these is perfect when I get stuck abroad with the standard rented backline Twin Rev or De Ville ... :roll:

Return to Miscellaneous