I'm Dumb - Headphones into IRT60h?

For discussion of all current Laney amplifiers
Osireion
MortalMortal

I'm Dumb - Headphones into IRT60h?

Postby Osireion » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:50 am

Hey there, so I just purchased my IRT60h and IRT212 cab today actually, and so far the combo has put a ridiculously huge smile on my face. However I realized I'm also very dumb, it's my first time buying a tube amp and also a head separate from a cab. I just 'assumed' there would be some direct method for plugging in headphones into the IRT60h, alas there is not. Is there a way to use headphones with the IRT60h? Sorry for the greenhorn question, any help would be appreciated

- thanks again.

User avatartdiers
AphroditeAphrodite

Re: I'm Dumb - Headphones into IRT60h?

Postby tdiers » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:36 am

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your Ironheart! I looks like you are out of luck with using headphones. I checked all of the manuals and the 60H & Combos don't have headphone outputs. My IRT30-112 has a DI out for plugging into club (house) audio system or recording. But also does not have a headphones output. As far as new Laney tube amps, I think only the IRT-Studio and Pulse (preamp), L5-Studio, and the new Laney Mini & Mini Stereo (available sometime in May, 3w & 6w, not tube amps though) have headphone outputs.
Laney IRT30-112, IRT-Pulse, LR-5
G&L Tribute Superhawk, Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
Digitech-The Drop; Morley-Tremonti Wah; LPD-68 Deluxe/Kokopelli/ModernClassic; Keeley-Dark Side; BBE-Sonic Maximizer/TwoTimer/MindBender; MXR-Phase 90

Chalupacabra
MortalMortal

Re: I'm Dumb - Headphones into IRT60h?

Postby Chalupacabra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Osireion wrote:Hey there, so I just purchased my IRT60h and IRT212 cab today actually, and so far the combo has put a ridiculously huge smile on my face. However I realized I'm also very dumb, it's my first time buying a tube amp and also a head separate from a cab. I just 'assumed' there would be some direct method for plugging in headphones into the IRT60h, alas there is not. Is there a way to use headphones with the IRT60h? Sorry for the greenhorn question, any help would be appreciated

- thanks again.

This is what you would need to do is safely, a good loadbox with a Headphone out.

http://www.rivera.com/product/attenuato ... recording/

Return to Current Laney Products