Boss Power Stack ST-2

For all other discussions
Polsky
ZeusZeus

Boss Power Stack ST-2

Postby Polsky » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 am

Just few words about Power Stack and AOR 100MV. This is pretty much old pedal made by Boss but a bit different then previous distortions pedals. My first impression after I started play it thrue AOR 100 was Marshall JCM800 on steroids. Sound was almost identical with sound of Marty Friedman's Dragon Kiss . In fact he used Marshall JCM with Boss overdrive on this album . But I like this pedal much more than DS-1 , Metal Zone or Metal Core. It got power and with DOD FX-10 boost sound is phenomenal. You can get very tight juicy low end and singing treble without any problem. The only con is noise. Is not that much but noise is present in this pedal so noise gate is very helpful unless you play at room volume . Whenever you crank your amp to the level of destruction noise gate is needed .
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

Polsky
ZeusZeus

Re: Boss Power Stack ST-2

Postby Polsky » Sun May 13, 2018 11:31 pm

So after some time using of ST-2 I can say it's one of the greatest pedals made by Boss. Low end is incredible. Better than Bogner Ubershall. Pedal really sound like JCM 800 . Matrix. Got super power. Fortunately I can use it with AOR 100 6 knobber on low input . Now why low input? …..because low input in 100MV 6 knobber is like clean channel on steroids . It got a bit more gain than regular clean channels use to have, and you can also add more without over distorting your sound. On high input I cut down drive from the pedal and volume on the guitar and have exact sound of Angus Young of ACDC . I really recommend this pedal for any heavy metal lovers. It's really worthy to spend a hundred bugs for brand new , or about 40 for used one.
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

Return to Miscellaneous