Greetings from Detroit

New to the Posse? Check in here.
Bluesman
MortalMortal

Greetings from Detroit

Postby Bluesman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello,

First post here. Been playing guitar since The Beatles Let It Be album was released and never looked back. I currently own a 1984-1985(??) AOR series 30 watt combo, serial # 1116 in all original condition with exception to a few caps replaced in 1990. Otherwise, it’s been a real workhorse. I just bought a second hand GH100TI ½ stack this week in mint condition that’s about 10 years old from the original owner. It’s never been gigged or taken out of the house except twice. Once to jam at a friends and once to deliver to myself. Am hoping to learn more about my 30 watt though so I'll be heading to the section that features info on that right after this post. It’s different than all the others I’ve seen of the same era as it has steel chrome corners instead of plastic.

Polsky
ZeusZeus

Re: Greetings from Detroit

Postby Polsky » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 am

Welcome aboard mate. For exact production date you have to look at your chassis or transformers. There are stickers with date. Also filters capacitors got date on it. Metal corner was installed in earlier models pre pro tubes, but this is normal. How many knobs is your amp?
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

Bluesman
MortalMortal

Postby Bluesman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:36 am

Thank you Polsky,

My amp has 9 knobs on it. I have photos but after what you stated, I supposed I will search the filter caps first.

User avatartdiers
AphroditeAphrodite

Postby tdiers » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Welcome aboard!
Laney IRT30-112, IRT-Pulse, LR-5
G&L Tribute Superhawk, Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
Digitech-The Drop; Morley-Tremonti Wah; LPD-68 Deluxe/Kokopelli/ModernClassic; Keeley-Dark Side; BBE-Sonic Maximizer/TwoTimer/MindBender; MXR-Phase 90

Return to New Arrivals, Forum Rules and General Info