Good Evening

New to the Posse? Check in here.
MarkS
MortalMortal

Good Evening

Postby MarkS » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi, just bought myself a Mk1 LC30. Not had it at gig volume yet, but I'm really taken with it. Great clarity and the eq knobs actually work! As in they really do add/subtract treble/middle/bass very noticeably. Stock HH vintage Invader, the chap who sold it to me said there is nothing wrong with that speaker, but it would very likely sound better with something like a Cannabis Rex in it. Anyone else gigging with one of these? Any tips?

I've been using my home made Timmy pedal into the clean channel and it sounds great. Got to watch the treble though, but as I say, that's not a problem as turning down the treble knob actually makes real difference.

User avatartdiers
AphroditeAphrodite

Re: Good Evening

Postby tdiers » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your Laney! You might want to ask your question on the Laney Amplification Forum on FaceBook. It is frequented more often than here. You'll probably get an faster response. https://www.facebook.com/groups/491626734503142/
Laney IRT30-112, IRT-Pulse, LR-5
G&L Tribute Superhawk, Legacy w/ DiMarzio Fast Track Strat Set
Digitech-The Drop; Morley-Tremonti Wah; LPD-68 Deluxe/Kokopelli/ModernClassic; Keeley-Dark Side; BBE-Sonic Maximizer/TwoTimer/MindBender; MXR-Phase 90

Polsky
ZeusZeus

Postby Polsky » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:32 am

Welcome aboard bud. Is your LC a Supergroup or later edition?
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

MarkS
MortalMortal

Postby MarkS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:20 am

Hi! Thanks for your responses. It's one of the new ones, but not the latest one. I used it on Saturday for gig with a loud drummer, and it was really good. With my old Tokai strat i went straight into the drive channel with the gain on 7 (via a true bypassed jen wah). Very loud, very clear, though I had to turn the treble almost off. Quite a lot of hiss with the gain that high, but I'm going to experiment with preamp tubes as the ones in there are unmarked. The power tubes are Sovtek EL84s.

Tomorrow I'll also experiment with turning the gain down and using my Roger Mayer classic fuzz, but you can never really tell until you play loud with a band. But I'm very pleased with it. I've been using a Marshall 2150 Rock and Roll Baby with a celestion redback in it, and frankly, this is better.

Thanks for the tip about the FB page I'll head over there a take a look.

Return to New Arrivals, Forum Rules and General Info