Cub 12r Mids?

Handy tips to get the best performance from your amp.
Bluthos
MortalMortal

Cub 12r Mids?

Postby Bluthos » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 am

As I stated in my first post, I'm new to tube amps and new to Laney in general (saw them in early Sleep photos, how can I go wrong?).
I love this amp, but I'm finding it's a little thin in the mid neighborhood.
Can anyone suggest an affordable pedal or EQ settings on the amp itself to make the Mids jump back in?

Any seasoned users with additional other tips and tricks when it comes to this amp?
Thanks in advance!

plankton
MortalMortal

Re: Cub 12r Mids?

Postby plankton » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:20 am

I've got a 12R, and for my use I find it has plenty of midrange. I play classic and hard rock. I have the mids set at 8, bass at 6 and treble at 4 or 5. The master tone knob is at 8.

If you can't get what you want from the amp you could try an overdrive pedal with a midrange boost like a Tubescreamer. Some boost pedals would allow you to increase the mids, or you just use a graphic EQ pedal.

Polsky
ZeusZeus

Postby Polsky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi,
First of all....I never had Cub , but based on other Labey's amps I have that might be a speaker. Don't know what speaker you have..HH or other. Also if I remember well there was few posts in the past about speaker in Cub12. But my first move would be to change a speaker.
Laney IRT60 H[/color][/b]
Laney AOR 5012 Series II combo.
Laney AOR 100MV[/color][/b]
Laney Linebacker 30
4x12 Cabinet Vintage30 and G1
[color=#BF0000]Laney AOR 2x12 cab.

Marlboro Ultra Light

Howzee
MortalMortal

Postby Howzee » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:51 pm

Joyo JF-11 6 Band EQ Equaliser Pedal through the FX loop will let you sculpt your sound even more. Its a chinese clone of the MXR EQ pedal it's about £30 in the UK

Return to Hints, Tips, and Tricks