LC50 II - just bought, need info (re: LC50 vs LC15)

damnedcat777
MortalMortal

LC50 II - just bought, need info (re: LC50 vs LC15)

Postby damnedcat777 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:41 am

I have just bought an LC50II from 2006, and the only other Laney I owned that I kept for any appreciable amount of time was an LC15 I loved DEARLY, but foolishly sold. Now, the LC50 II I just bought is from the original owner, the tubes have never been changed, it has never been gigged. Hell, it's never left this woman's bedroom!! I got it at a real steal ($300). I've been waiting a LONG TIME to find one of these in this condition, and now, I FOUND ONE!

My question is: does this LC50II sound anything at ALL like the 1998 Laney LC15 I used to own? Man, I loved that amp! It was a BEAST! I recently bought an LC15R, but was NOT at ALL happy with it. The reverb was.... in a word: SHIT. I was hoping to find another LC15 in mint condition, then this LC50II came up on eBay, I emailed the seller, found out it was a bedroom beauty, never gigged, never been to a fix it shop (never NEEDED it), and it's about as untouched as I can hope to find. BEST OF ALL, instead of her $400 asking price, she accepted my offer of 300 bucks!!!! Yeah, BABY!!! I am so over the moon!!!!

It should be here via Fed Ex in about 10 days. So, besides a new set of Tube Doctor tubes, and hopefully some kind of speaker upgrade (stock Celestion 70 eighty), will this sound like my beloved LC15, and what can I do to make her as BEASTLY as my old LC15? Man, that amp sounded so... METAL!!!! But it cleaned up like a Fender, too. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Let me know....

Mikey D.
Cols, OH
Why do single coil pickups hum? Because they don't know the words!

Amps:
2006 Laney LC50II 1x12
2008 Hawkins PTP 18 watt Marshall clone 1x12
2010 Kustom 3x10 1250 watt Groove bass amp
Traynor YGL1 1x12 15 watts
Traynor YCS50 1x12 50 watts

Return to LC (1995 - Present)