'98 LC 15R FX Board

DrewV
MortalMortal

'98 LC 15R FX Board

Postby DrewV » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:51 am

Hi All! A few months ago a friend & fellow guitarist brought over a non working LC15R combo. An attempt to fix the amp was made prior to my friend aquiring it. I was able to get the amp up and sounding good. Mostly several bad solder joints and one of the large filter caps. The three others had been replaced and were good. I could not get the FX send & return or the reverb to work. The line out did work. Eventually my friend ordered a replacement FX board. The new FX board was shipped from Laney and arrived a few days ago. They said it was the last one they had! ( They put a lot of effort into finding and sending that board...much thanks to the good people of Laney!! ) The original board is numbered 9110-2, the new board is 9110-6. Except for a few cosmetics they look identical. With the FX board wired up to P3 and P4 on the mainboard via the red & blue wires a feedback loop is created. Looking at the topside of the mainboard, where P3 and P4 connect, there is a place for a jumper to be soldered in and it was. On the available schematic it says to jumper this point( labeled LN8 on the board) in the LC15 without reverb. So far so good.So I break that connection so that the signal is going to the FX board via P3 and returning via P4 thus completing the circuit. This resulted in a complete signal loss.
If I disconnect the FX boiard and jumper LN8, the amp works. Thanks in advance. DrewV

DrewV
MortalMortal

Re: '98 LC 15R FX Board

Postby DrewV » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:05 am

I have repaired the LC15R. Besides replacing the FX board, I disconnected LN8 jumper and pulled a couple caps around it. The caps weren't bad, so resoldering them may have done the trick. The amp sounds great as does the reverb unit.

lionhead0043
HephaestusHephaestus

Re: '98 LC 15R FX Board

Postby lionhead0043 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 am

Congratulations on getting that fixed. Those are great sounding little amps.
Absolutely wicked through an extension cab. I had heard some reports of
varying reliability before I bought mine, but it's held up perfectly
'83 Strat
LC15R or...
Lionheart L20H #0043 into M@&$€>#% mg412
Loopmaster 2 channel Effects Loop
Crybaby wah /Dano trem /Barber Burn Unit EQ od & Barb EQ eq
Digitech Timebender dd & Bass Synth wah
Just add riffage.!
FreewaterNOW

Return to LC (1995 - Present)