Laney Session 40 combo help

poopleton
MortalMortal

Laney Session 40 combo help

Postby poopleton » Sun May 27, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi gang, I'm new here & I'm an electronics engineer branching in to repairing guitar amps.

A collegue handed me a Laney Session 40 reverb to repair. Anyone know where I can get a schematic, as it seems you can't get them on the Laney website.

Looks like quite an old thing, but I've no idea how old. It would appear that the output transistors have shorted & were putting DC across the speaker - some Norbert had wound wire round the fuses too :(

DS

User avatarritz
HadesHades

Postby ritz » Tue May 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi poopleton, welcome aboard!

Regarding schems, there's a thread here in one of the forums with an assortment of links to various Laney schematics... it may pay to check that out, however, I have a feeling you probably won't find any for the 'Sessions' as they're not very common amps.

If you can't find any, then you can order them from 'MAJ Electronic' -they're the company that have taken over service and support for all the older Laney and HH amps. It will cost you (I believe something like 10 Pounds for a CD or book containing all the Session series schematics, or 5 Pounds for individual schematics) but in my experience their service is great. Website: http://www.majelectronic.co.uk

Good luck!

Return to Session (1970's)