super city..was it a supergroup rebadged

User avatarAlnico
MortalMortal

Re: super city..was it a supergroup rebadged

Postby Alnico » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:51 pm

The more you have, the easier it is to sneak in another one... until you run of of room anyway. :wink:

oldvalve
HephaestusHephaestus

Postby oldvalve » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 am

Been there....... :lol:

pombagira
HephaestusHephaestus

Postby pombagira » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 pm

yeah we have two rooms pretty much dedicated to holding our equipment and we are still pushed for room..just can't get enough when money allows

ekki
MortalMortal

Postby ekki » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:52 am

London City. The give away was "light weight". I've only read about them, but they were not equal in quality to Laneys, Hiwatts etc... Supposedly they sound great, but yeah probably in the 150 to 300 UK pound neighborhood. Someone's building new London City's. I like the 480 watt all tube bass head.
http://www.londoncityguitars.nl

pombagira
HephaestusHephaestus

Postby pombagira » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:49 am

yeah I checked out that London City Sherman 300, only real problem being that it has to be cheaply made for the price they are selling it at. I can't imagine it would have the kind of sound that I would be interested in, but it certainly comes in as a budget amp that alot of people could afford. I have seen a couple of people play old London City amps and they sound very good, in the same vein as a marshall plexi. I have also heard that components were the cheapest, and anyone who managed to get one would have to upgrade the amp to make it reliable from all accounts. And let's face it it's not a Laney Klipp or Supergroup, some of the best amps ever made in my opinion.

Previous

Return to Supergroup (1970's)