LA100BL for sale

AndyGreen
MortalMortal

LA100BL for sale

Postby AndyGreen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi, I have a vintage LA100BL for sale Serial no. 0380 that I have owned since 1970ish (can't remenber the exact date). My brother brought it in as new condition from Bob at Modern Music in Dudley West Midlands UK who I'm sure many Old Timers will remember. Anyway it hasn't been used that much since the late 70's and still sounds as sweet as it did from day 1. My bro used it first with 2 Laney 4x12's and his Strat, with the presence turned up it was bloody ear shattering (I can still remember the bar staff at the Droitwich Winter Gardens trying to stop the glasses vibrating off the shelves when he was playing the lead break in All Right Now). He later brought a Fender Dual Showman and I used the Laney with both 2 Laney 4x12's or a 4x12 and a 1x18 along with my Fender Precision. It's only on the odd occasion that I play now due to a stroke that left me a bit weak on my left side (left hands not as quick as it used to be), when I do I,m using a Behringer Ultrabase AX4500H with 2x10@s and 1x18 still with the Fender Precision due to them being easier to cart around. However as I said the Laney amp along with 2 Laney Sloping front 4x12's with Goodman Audium 12P 50's in 1 cab and Goodmans in the other (can't make out the model no's).
I'm putting them all on Ebay tonight for 10 days so please check them out (seller i.d. Andy_bandit1200

All the best, Andy Tel: +44 (0) 1384 440977

User avatarAlnico
MortalMortal

Re: LA100BL for sale

Postby Alnico » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Nice to see some old cabs turn up, but haven't they been re-covered at some point? The grill cloth doesn't look original either? :?:

AndyGreen
MortalMortal

Re: LA100BL for sale

Postby AndyGreen » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Hi, I've never noticed before but you are right, the grille covers are different to the face of my amp. I can't explain why, but I can assure you that these were both bought by me from Modern Music at around 72-73 badged as Laney and fitted with Goodman Pro Audiom's. Perhaps one of the forum members may be able to shed some light as to why the grille cloth is different :?:
Cheers, Andy

Return to Supergroup (1970's)